This yummy cake “flavoured” with cheese is great for breakfast, snack and teatime, and it is also so quick and easy to bake.
• 5 eggs (300 g)
• 200 ml sour cream
• 300 g sugar
• 100 g melted butter
• 75 g grated Parmesan cheese
• 250 g all purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
• spring form pan about 24 cm in diameter
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend the remaining ingredients together, except for powdered sugar.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the cake batter into the spring form pan buttered and floured or lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 °C for about 25 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Let it cool, take it out of the mold and finally sift powdered sugar on the top of it.
Posted on: 18 May 2013