This is one of my mum’s cake recipes. It is more like a spoon sweet than cake and it is really easy to make. Don’t be deceived by its modest appearance because it tastes so so good, absolutely delicious!
It is an excellent choice for dessert, snack and breakfast.
For the batter:
• 250 g sugar
• 3 eggs
• 50 g melted butter
• 200 ml milk
• 250 g all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• a pinch of salt
For the glaze:
• 150 g sugar
• 100 g dry grated coconut
• 300 ml milk
- Using a blender mix together sugar, eggs, melted butter and milk.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the batter until well combined. If you want, you can blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a greased glass or ceramic baking dish (22×30 cm or 24 cm in diameter).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- For the glaze mix well all ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven and, while it is still hot, pour the glaze over the top.
Serve this cake directly from the baking dish because it is very moist.
Posted on: 28 March 2014