The onion pâté is an easy home made recipe that uses just a few ingredients. It is not quite a traditional recipe. I dare say, it is probably an improvised one , but still it is very tasty. It is perfect for small meetings and parties.
• 1 packet of onion soup mix (about 160 g)
• 300 ml UHT heavy cream
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or cream cheese, approximately
- Put the heavy cream in the fridge to cool down, then remove the liquid part of the cream.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Chill the onion pâté in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. If it is too thick or too tasty, add a little more cream or mayonnaise.
- Spread this pâté on bread, crackers or salt biscuits.
• If you use fresh whipping cream, add only 250 ml instead of 300 ml.
• Add a little chopped parsley if desired.
Posted on: 21 October 2013