The peanut is native to Central and South America, and its roasted seeds are served all over the world as an aperitif but, peanuts are also great on desserts, and this peanut butter cream is also a great filling for cakes, pancakes, biscuits and cream puffs.
• 150 g peanut butter
• 200 g butter
• 200 g sugar
• 200 ml UHT whipping (heavy) cream
• 4 egg yolks
• 350 g dry biscuits
- Beat butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, the whipping (heavy) cream and the peanut butter, always beating with the electric mixer.
- Place the biscuits on a serving plate or on a baking tray, preferably rectangular or square.
- Cover with a layer of peanut cream and continue this way, alternating the layers of biscuits and cream.
- Finish off with the peanut cream and garnish with some peanuts.
- Must be prepared the day before allowing biscuits to absorb the cream.
- Store in fridge.
You may cut this pavé in small squares and put the “small pastries” into mini cupcake papers cases.
Posted on: 11 November 2011