Batida is the generic name for drinks that blend various ingredients, mainly fruits and pinga, a strong Brazilian liquor distilled from sugarcane.
Maracujá is an acidic native tropical American fruit with a distinctive taste and aroma. This batida must be prepared just before serving.
• 2 ripe maracujás (40 g each)
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ½ glass pinga or vodka
• crushed ice
- Cut the passion fruit in half. Passion fruit has wrinkled purple-brown rind when ripe.
- Scoop out the passion fruit pulp and seeds and pour into a shaker. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the pinga and the crushed ice.
- Shake hard and serve on the rocks.
- Serve straight away.
Posted on: 11 November 2011