This is a fluffy cake with delicate coconut flavor. It is really good for breakfast, snack and teatime, and will not leave you indifferent!
When you have limited time you can blend together all ingredients. The cake would be a little less soft but it will still be good!
For the batter:
• 400 g all-purpose flour
• 350 g sugar
• 4 eggs
• 100 g butter
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 200 ml coconut milk
For the coconut icing:
• 150 g sugar
• 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set apart.
- Beat butter and sugar with the electric mixer until soft and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, still beating with the electric mixer.
- Gently add sifted flour with baking powder, coconut milk. At the end, add the stiffed egg whites gently mixing only with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a tube pan buttered and floured. Bake at 180° C for around 35 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, prepare the glaze: dissolve sugar into the coconut milk, bring it to boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stick a toothpick in the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- To unmold the cake, run a small knife around the top edge of the mold while the cake is still hot.
- Brush the glaze over the top of the hot cake.
Posted on: 04 May 2012