So creamy and tasty, this recipe is really easy to make: the ingredients must not be beaten but simply assembled!
• 1,5 kg bananas
• 350 g sugar
• 100 g corn starch
• 200 g all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 200 g cold butter
• 3 large eggs
• 250 ml milk
• 100 g black raisins
• cinnamon powder
- Soak the washed raisins in warm water.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, starch, baking powder and butter. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix all the ingredients together with your hands to form a crumble mixture.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into slices.
- Whisk the eggs and add the milk.
- Drain the raisins.
- Line a baking tray (about 30×23 cm) with grease-proof paper and pour 1/3 of the crumble mixture to form the bottom layer, then cover with half of the bananas and half of the raisins and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat the layering process once more and finish off with the remaining crumble mixture.
- Level the mixture and press down slightly. Pour the eggs mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 190° C for about 40 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
Posted on: 18 September 2012