Brigadeirão (Chocolate Milk Pudding)
“Brigadeirão” does not mean a big “brigadeiro”, it is just the name for the chocolate version of the “Pudim de Leite Moça”, thought on purpose for those, who are chocolate greedy!
• 300 ml sweetened condensed milk
• 200 ml heavy cream
• 80 g sweetened cocoa powder
• 80 g sugar
• 4 eggs (about 250 g)
• ring mould (1,2 liters)
• butter to grease the mould
• dark chocolate sprinkles to finish
- Grease the ring mould with butter.
- Blend the ingredients together and pour the mixture into the buttered mould. You may also use individual serving moulds.
- Cook it in a bain marie over the cooker, covered with a lid. Make sure no boiling water splashes into the ring mould. It takes about 30 minutes. In the traditional way of cooking this pudding is put in the oven at 180°C to be baked in a bain marie for about one hour and a half, covered with a lid.
- Insert a small knife in centre of pudding; it is ready if there is no more liquid.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and unmould on a serving plate.
- Cover with dark chocolate sprinkles.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve with whipped cream, if you like.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
Posted on: 06 April 2013