It’s a homemade recipe very similar to the British “scone”, and tastes as good as handmade with love. This “bread” can be ready in just 30 minutes and it is great for breakfast, for afternoon teatime and as a snack. Serve it hot!
• 350 g all-purpose flour
• 1 heaped tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 100 g melted butter
• 2 eggs
• 100 ml milk, approximately
To brush the bread:
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon milk
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add baking powder, salt, melted butter and eggs into the well (flour).
- Mix the ingredients with a fork and add milk a little at a time, just enough as needed to get a soft dough.
- Finish by hand without overworking the dough.
- Shape the dough into small bread and arrange, spaced well apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with slightly beaten egg yolk with milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
• Use yogurt instead of milk.
• Add 6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, and reduce by half the amount of salt.
• Add 4 tablespoons of sugar (instead of the salt) and raisins or chopped nuts.
Posted on: 05 December 2012