The Chicabon, an ice cream produced by Kibon, is a tasty childhood food that left an indelible mark on almost all Brazilians. It is made with milk and chocolate, and there’s nobody who doesn’t love it!
Kibon was the first ice cream factory in Brazil, had immediate success, changed consumer behaviour and became a part of Brazilian everyday life. Chicabon and Eskibon (chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar) were the first Kibon ice cream (1942) and are still being produced today. Thousands of ice cream vendors (ice cream trolleys) sell these ice cream through the streets and on the beaches.
• 200 g condensed milk
• 200 ml UHT whipping cream
• 300 ml whole milk
• 60 g chocolate powdered food
- Blend together all the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds, and place them in the freezer for a couple of hours, until partially frozen.
- Remove ice lolly moulds from the freezer, insert ice lolly sticks and freeze for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Place frozen ice lolly moulds under running water for a few seconds for easy unmoulding.
Yield: 12 mini ice creams on a stick, 50 ml each.
Posted on: 17 July 2017