Chayote Salad is a light and fresh summer side dish, made with boiled chayote dressed to taste, with or without the addition of boiled vegetables such as carrot, green beans, potato, and of raw vegetables such as lettuce and tomato.
There are two salads in the picture, one made with chayote only, the other with chayote, tomato and red onion that, in addition to being tasty, it looks so beautiful.
• white vinegar or lime juice
• olive oil
• prezzemolo tritato
1. Wash, peel and cut chayotes in half lengthwise, remove and discard oval seed under cold tap water (chayote exude a sticky liquid when peeled). Watch the video “How to cook chayote”.
2. Cook them in boiling salted water until tender. It takes 15-30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
3. Cut into strips or cubes.
4. You can add boiled vegetables and/or raw vegetables, if you like.
5. Dress to taste and serve.
Posted on: 27 April 2015