The baked rice is a great side dish to accompany meat, poultry or fish. It is a great way to use up leftover cooked rice, such as rice croquette recipe, and it is really easy and quick to cook. It looks good and tastes delicious.
• 500 g leftover cooked rice
• 50 g melted butter
• 4 egg yolks
• 150 ml milk
• 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine egg yolks and milk and mix with a fork.
- Pour the cooked rice into a large bowl. Add the melted butter, the egg yolks mixture and the grated cheese. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the rice into a buttered baking dish and level the surface.
- Mix the grated cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle the mixture over the rice. If you like put some knobs of butter on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220°C for 15 minutes, turn on the grill and let it bake until golden-brown on top.
Can be prepared in advance and baked just before serving.
You can add other ingredients to this basic recipe: peas, diced ham, cheese cubes, pitted and chopped olives, chopped parsley.
Posted on: 02 June 2013