The “banana da terra” (plantains) is a variety of banana that must be cooked before eating. It’s better when fully ripe, ie, when it becomes soft, the skin gets very dark and the pulp reddish. The plantains can be boiled or baked whole (with the skin) and served as a dessert or a side dish. This recipe is a quick and easy dessert.
• ½ plantain banana per person
• cinnamon powder
- Wash and cut the plantains with the skin in half lengthwise.
- Lay the half bananas on a greased baking sheet or on a baking sheet lined with grease-proof paper.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Bake in a preheated hot oven for about 15 minutes, until soft and well caramelized.
Posted on: 11 November 2011