Along Brazil’s long sea-coast there is an abundance of many types of fish, so there is no shortage of fish recipes.
The casquinhas de siri are refined, tasty, easy and quick to prepare. They make a delicious snack and a perfect first course.
• 400 g crab meat (fresh, frozen or canned)
• ½ lemon juice
• 30 g butter
• 1 garlic clove finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon grated onion
• 120 g crumb
• 100 ml milk
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 50 ml pinga or vodka
• 3 egg yolks
• salt and black pepper
• 12 – 14 scallop shells
- Season the crab meat with lemon.
- Soak the bread in milk.
- Sauté in butter the onion and the garlic, finely chopped.
- Mix sautéed onion, soaked bread, chopped parsley and chopped crabmeat. If the crab meat is raw cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, add the pinga and the egg yolks and mix well.
- Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Stuff the scallop shells.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and serve hot.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings.
Posted on: 11 November 2011