CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
This creamy soup is a classic Brazilian housewife recipe, really quick and easy to make – refined and just delicious – made with arracacha, a typical South American ingredient. We hope will soon be available in Italy!
There are endless variations to this basic recipe but, in each one of them, the particularly soft and sweet flavor and the creamy texture of this root prevail.
• 600 g arracacha
• 1 medium onion
• 1 garlic clove (optional)
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1,2 liters water
• parsley or 3 tablespoons heavy cream
• salt and ground pepper or nutmeg, to taste
1. Scrape arracacha with a paring knife. Wash and cut into pieces.
2. Peel and chop the onion, chop the parsley and peel the garlic.
3. Heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
4. Add arracacha pieces and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Add the water, cover and cook over low heat until tender. It takes less than 15 minutes.
6. Let it cool down. Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
7. Season with salt and ground pepper or nutmeg.
8. Add the chopped parsley or the cream and, if necessary, add a little more boiling water, until it has the consistency of thick cream.
9. Serve hot. If you like, drizzle over some olive oil, and serve accompanied with toasted bread cubes with olive oil.
• Use vegetable broth instead of water.
• Use watercress instead of parsley.
• When the soup is done add 100 g gorgonzola cheese or cream cheese and let it melt in.
• When the soup is done add braised shredded beef jerky or thin and crispy bacon
Posted on: 31 October 2016