“Couve” is one of the side dishes of “feijoada”, but is also served with many other dishes. In Italy there isn’t “couve-manteiga”, but it can be very well replaced with Kale Black Tuscany, that taste very similar.
• 750 g wild cabbage or Kale Black Tuscany
• ½ onion
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and remove the tough middle stem of wild cabbage, big leaves and dark green.
- Pile the leaves and make them into a roll; cut it very finely, transversally.
- Sauté the chopped onion and the crushed garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the wild cabbage, season with salt, cover the pan and cook until soft. Add a bit of water if necessary.
Posted on: 11 November 2011